- All products are added to your cart.
2022 Specialized Epic Evo Comp
Lightweight yet stiff. Capable yet efficient. Fun yet focused. Hell, if Goldilocks ever wanted to drop you, our money’s on her picking an Epic EVO Comp to do the job.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 6-millimeters out back, we’ve worked overtime to make sure it’s been implemented in a way that’ll have you saying ‘Whoa!’ as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic’s standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO’s new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It’s also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO’s handling characteristics.
Keeping the Epic EVO Comp just right is a well-balanced component mix featuring powerful four-piston SRAM G2 RS brakes, an X-Fusion Manic dropper, and RockShox SID Select fork.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO’s FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO’s headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 6 millimeters.
- X-Fusion's Manic dropper post offers infinitely adjustable travel via it's slick shifter-stye remote lever for hassle-free operation when things get dicey.
- 4-piston calipers on an XC bike? What a wonderfil time to be alive—SRAM's 4-piston G2 RS calipers offer plenty of smooth, controllable power to keep the EVO's newfound speed in check.
- Tubeless-ready rims feature a modern 30-millimeter internal width, allowing tires to achieve their ideal profile and footprint for optimal traction.
Frame: FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel
SWAT: SWAT EMT Cage-Mount Tool
Seat Binder: Specialized Alloy, 34.9mm
Rear Shock: RockShox Deluxe Select+, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm
Fork: Rockshox SID Select, Charger RL Damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel
Stem: Alloy Stem, 35mm clamp, 60mm
Handlebars: Specialized Alloy, 20mm rise, 35mm, 760mm wide
Tape: Specialized Trail Grips
Saddle: Body Geometry Power Sport, steel rails
SeatPost: X-Fusion Manic, 30.9, 125/150 Travel, 0mm offset
Front Brake: SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor
Rear Brake: SRAM G2 RS, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor
Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
Shift Levers: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
Cassette: SRAM XG-1275, 12-speed, 10-52t
Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
Crankset: SRAM, X1 Alloy Eagle, 12-speed
Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, threaded
Rims: Specialized 29, hookless alloy, 30mm inner width, tubeless ready
Front Hub: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 32h
Rear Hub: Alloy, sealed cartridge bearings, 148mmx12mm thru-axle, 28h
Spokes: DT Swiss Industry
Front Tire: Ground Control, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.35"
Rear Tire: Ground Control, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.35"
Inner Tubes: Standard, Presta valve